ELK Lifting Cushion
The ELK is an emergency lifting cushion designed to provide a safe, dignified lift and is recognized for reducing the risk of injury to carers.
Used in a range of settings, the ELK is used by trusted ambulance services across the globe as well as by hospitals, telecare response teams, and care homes. Its ease of use means it is also ideal for families who care for a loved one with a propensity to fall but want to remain living independently at home.
Benefits of the ELK
The ELK is an innovative piece of manual handling equipment, designed for single-handed care. The fallen person can be quickly and safely lifted from the floor while reducing the risk of injury to both the carer and the individual. Ideal for anyone who has fallen in a confined space, the person who has fallen can shuffle onto the cushion - or be rolled on from the recovery position - and then assisted to sit upright. With the touch of a button, the Elk inflates allowing the person to settle in a raised seated position ready to stand within minutes.
Who can use it?
The ELK lifting cushion is ideal for a home setting because it can be used to lift people who have fallen in confined spaces such as bathrooms, hallways, and dining rooms. Its ease of use means it is suitable for those not professionally medically trained in the role of carer such as a family member supporting a loved one with a health condition that affects their likelihood of falling.
- People with neurological disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Parkinson’s Disease, Stroke, Alzheimer’s and dementia, and Huntington's disease
- Individuals with physical disabilities such as limited mobility or amputees
- The elderly – 30% of adults over 65 will fall at least once a year. This rises to 50% in the over 80s.
- Plus Size or bariatric patients who face daily mobility challenges and will often find it difficult to get back on their feet when they fall – even though they are uninjured.
- The ELK is particularly compact and lightweight (weighing only 3.6 kgs/8 lbs)
- One size fits all - The ELK can lift the most fragile person up to plus-size individuals weighing 450kg (70 stone).
- Its unique design means it can be used inside or outside and is particularly effective in small confined spaces such as the bedroom, bathroom, or hallway where alternative lifting devices may not be suitable.
ELK Lifting Cushion
The ELK is a compact, battery-powered lifting cushion. If someone falls over they can shuffle onto the cushion, or be rolled on from the recovery position and assisted to sit upright. The ELK can then be inflated at the touch of a button with someone supporting the individual from behind to bring them to a raise seated position ready to stand.
This product includes the Airflo 24 compressor.
|Maximum User Weight:||992.08 lb||
|Inflated Height:||22.24 in||
|Inflated Width:||22.44 in||
|Inflated Depth:||19.69 in||
|Deflated Folded Dimensions:||24.41in x 10.27in x 4.53in||
62cm x 26cm x 11.5cm
We get it. You've got a lot of choice when it comes to online retailers. Here's why we think you should shop with us at The Mobility Superstore.
- Free Shipping USA wide. No extra charges. Ever.
- Price Match Guarantee. Best prices online guaranteed.
- 30 Day Easy Returns. No happy with your product, we'll take it back no questions asked.
- Great Service. We pride ourselves on the best service, anywhere.
- Your Satisfaction Guaranteed. We handpick our products for quality, we know you'll love them. But is there is ever something wrong, we'll fix it.
Found a better price online? We'll match it or beat it if we can.
All you need to do is let us know via phone or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll let you know what we can do.
You will need to provide evidence of the better price online and it must include any shipping or taxes charged by that site. I.e. It needs to be the total price.
This only applies to new products, it does not apply to used condition products.